Tuesday 6 December 2011

Good? Bad?

I am a good person. Mostly. But I am good enough to consider other people needs and from the little I have to share with the ones that have less. I'm not only talking about tax deductible money for charities. I'm also talking about emptying my change into the hat of a beggar. About in general sharing what I have.

Sometimes that sharing is only being a smart assed clown to bring a smile on the face of a person that feels low. Other times is offering a little gift to someone I don't know. And yet other times is putting myself in danger to help someone that is clearly in danger.

When I do it, I don't wonder if I am being good or bad or just insane and irresponsible. I just do it because someone needs it more then I do. I am the type of person that picks up other people rubbish to keep the planet a tiny bit cleaner. That donates blood and signed the papers to be used as a donor if something happens with me. It is just who I am.

Oh, I used to be arrogant and stingy. Maybe because I had never been on the other side of the barricade, because I never needed anything from anyone. But the hard way, I learned how it is to go without. Without many things. And even if sometimes I still do ithout, I had learned the lesson of compassion and generosity from others that had generosity and compassion for me when I needed it most.

Anyhow... I tried to help someone in need and I ended up with my home trashed and getting the blame for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment